Sunday, April 22, 2012

The 518 Devotions: John

His reply made the Jews more intent on killing him. Not only did he break the laws about the day of worship, but also he made himself equal to God when he said repeatedly that God was his Father.
John 5:18 (GW)

I am very thankful that Jesus is the Son of God.

I have lived life without Jesus' divine presence, believing for many years that Jesus was a very spiritual man but not divine, not God. In those days I had no hope. I didn't understand God, didn't know God, my heart was hard.

I turned my back on God, but God never turned His back on me. He waited patiently for me to be ready to accept Him, to love Him, to get to know Him.

So everyday I thank God for His love, so great that He sent His Son to become human, to know our trials, and to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, lived a sinless life and yet died for all the sins of mankind. Jesus rose again so that those who believe may have life everlasting. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment