Friday, May 4, 2012

THE PRAYER OF DAVID

Psalms 51: 10-12

 "Create in me a clean heart, O God,
      and put a new and right spirit within me.
 Cast me not away from Thy presence,
      and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
  Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation,
      and uphold me with a willing spirit.

      I used to pray this prayer every morning.  I even wrote it down on a 3"x5" card and put it on the inside of my sun visor so that it was in front of me anywhere I drove.  I memorized it line by line, and I would repeat in my mind whenever I stumbled.  I think this is one of the greatest prayers of faith in the entire Bible.  David always poured out his soul to The Lord and wrote these things down.  How awesome that David's writings were preserved through the ages so that they are still available to us today!  As I kept this prayer in my heart and mind my daily walk with God became very, very intimate.  Take the time to memorize this and keep it in your heart so that "you might not sin against God".
                

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful! Thank you for sharing this. I am really happy that you are contributing to my blog!

    ReplyDelete